Monday, January 28, 2008

Welcome to the Hill!

"Turn Down That Stupid Music!"

Those words were uttered by my my Dad one memorable night in the mid 1970's, when I tempted fate by playing "Fat Boy Rag" by Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys (with its killer guitar solos by Junior Barnard) a little too loudly after consuming too many adult beverages.

This blog will be dedicated to the passing along of obscure (and sometimes, STUPID!) nuggets of musical trivia. Unlike some other musical blogs (some of which I will link to as the blog develops) I will not actually post any music here, but if I see some noteworthy downloadable tunes I will mention them. Maybe when the phone company gets DSL up here on The Hill I will eventually do this, but don't hold your breath!

Be forewarned: "Stupid Music" includes many types of melodies-you'll find info here on South African jazz, Zydeco, Sidney Bechet, and even Hawaiian music.

And of course, Bob Wills is still The KING! Enjoy your visit...